The focal point of Regina’s Greek Community is St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Community of Regina. St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church and Community Hall is the Community’s spiritual and cultural meeting place.
Although St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Community of Regina was incorporated in Regina in 1961, the first Greek immigrants came to Regina in the early 1900’s. The year 1961 also saw the purchase of property and a community hall, which also served as St. Paul’s Church. In 1976 the current St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church and Community Hall were built on the same property located at 3000 Argyle Road.
The ground-breaking for a new Church took place on September 14, 1975 under the leadership of Fr. Nicolaos Andreou. By Easter of 1976, construction had proceeded to the point where Holy Week services were held in the Hall (downstairs) of the new Church.
St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church was consecrated on June 8, 1986.
There are approximately 280 families actively involved in the Community whose goal is to promote the Greek Orthodox faith (through worship, Sunday School, Church Choir, etc.) and Greek heritage and traditions (through the Greek Heritage Language School, participation in Mosaic, etc.). Our Community takes great pride in participating in events that give back to our local community.